Kirkby Lonsdale Hockey Club is fully committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of the members to enjoy learning and playing the game of Hockey. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect to other people. We would encourage you to be open at all times, sharing any concerns or complaints that you may have, about any aspects of the Club, with either the chair or a member of the committee.
As with any Club, and in fairness, there are a few expectations that the Club requires of its members:
- All members must play within the rules of the game and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect their opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on Club premises or whilst representing the Clubat competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the Club premises or whilst representing the Club.
These Rules are for the benefit of everyone who has anything to do with KLHC, whether they are a member, a coach or assistant coach, helping with the administration, social events, fundraising, a parent or a visitor and are equally important, when you are away, representing KLHC.
Code of Conduct for Parents/Guardians
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
Code of Conduct for Junior Members (Written by the Junior Members)
- All members must play in a fair manner and within the rules of the game.
- All players must accept the coaches’ and umpires’ decisions as final.
- Members should be kind, polite and helpful and treat others as they would like to be treated.
- No player has the right to criticise another player’s performance either on the hockey pitch or away from the hockey field.
- All players should remember that they are playing in a team and encourage their team-mates by communicating in a positive way.
- All players should respect the opposition teams and be friendly to visiting clubs.