COVID-19 Actions & Procedures
The club’s committee extends their thanks to all members and parents who have worked with us to provide a safe environment, within which we continued to play various forms of hockey. At time of writing, we can say the precautions we all took were entirely successful as there were no infections associated with our club.
Following the easing of some COVID-19 related restrictions, England Hockey (EH) issued new guidance to clubs. Consequently, our club will adapt its own procedures to mitigate the spreading of COVID-19 in the following ways.
- Continue to register a COVID-19 Officer with EH.
- Suspend the requirement for our members to sign EH’s participation agreement.
- Continue to assess the risk of infection and adapt our procedures as necessary.
- Remove limits on the numbers attending hockey.
- As circumstances change, review our procedures and issue guidance to members. For example, when the time comes to travel to games, we will inform members how we can do this safely.
- Continue to take a register of attendees at sessions. Although there is no requirement for us to do so, we believe that this is a responsible course of action for the foreseeable future. It will enable us to inform you if a member attended a session and very soon after, contracted COVID-19.
- Follow any requests made by the Lunesdale Sports Centre and Sedbergh School (Casterton).
We ask members to:
- Continue to be vigilant when making an assessment of their own health before attending any club event, focussing particularly on Covid-19 symptoms. If you are in doubt, do not attend.
- Continue to respect the concerns and possibly fears, of other members when congregating around the pitch. Avoid bunching in groups.
Once again, thank you for your vigilance and we wish you well,
If you have any COVID-19 related queries, please contact our COVID-19 Officer, Neil Mackenzie on 07939111174. Please ensure you inform Neil if you develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positively for COVID-19 within 48 hours of attended a KLHC session.
KLHC Management Committee, 25th July 2021